Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Lessons in Humility"



Two things I have always loved the most is Music and Basketball. I play them both best when I remain humble. This morning I played basketball, and for the second consecutive week I've been fortunate enough to play on Sunday morning, and also be teamed with the right combination of players, that make the game fun and more effortless and harmonious, The reason last week I'm sure is because I was on a team with an ex NBA'er who coaxed me into running two more games (7), than my usual max. limit (5). This week because I was teamed with  young man (32 to my 46yrs.),  I'm always picked to oppose, because it has been determined that I'm best option to detain or de-rail or somehow slow down the guy who dominates our Sunday games. Last week we were 6 and 1 and this week we had just gone to five and 0, when i decided that I was having so much fun and our dominance was so easy that I started to laugh and make boastful comments!. I promptly twisted my knee in game six. My entire life has been a huge lesson in humility, and everytime I forget the lesson, kharma immediately rewards me my just dessert!

4 comments:

  1. Entiendo que has dicho que tu vida entera ha sido una lección de humildad. Pues aprendiste muy bien la lección.
    Sorry, my english no da para más. Te deseo lo mejor el 6 agosto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias Angelo. As every day goes by I am trying to learn my lessons in this life.Every once in a while I guess I need a physical reminder to help me in this learning, hopefully by Friday I will be able to stand on my legs for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Si Angelo, ahora esta con la rodilla hecha polvo desde el Domigo que se fue al partido...esperemos que no sea nada, dice que eso ha sido una leccion de humildad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can do it! My strong men. Still I love you hihihi

    Only need rest a little!

    ReplyDelete